Rumor has it that the Cyclone is so intense that a mute named Emilio Franco uttered his first words on the Cyclone: “I feel sick!”
- Charles Lindbergh, who flew the first solo transatlantic airplane flight in 1927, loved the Cyclone saying, “A ride on the Cyclone is a greater thrill than flying an airplane at top speed”.
- The famous ride even made an appearance in ‘Captain America: The First Avenger‘
Bucky Barnes: Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?
Steve Rogers/Captain America: Yeah, and I threw up?
Bucky Barnes: This isn’t payback is it?
Steve Rogers/Captain America: Now why would I do that?
- Beyonce loves the Cyclone.
- The Cyclone became a National Historic Landmark in 1991.
The Gravesend Historical Society’s president wrote in a letter requesting the landmark status:
- “Unlike the Dodgers, the Cyclone will never leave Brooklyn.”
- Hopefully the Brooklyn Cyclones minor league team won’t leave either.
- The Cyclone was built after brothers Jack and Irving Rosenthal invested $175,000 to create more attractions in Brooklyn.